Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Major problems: mikko & Advanced Profile Control

16 years 5 months ago #62088 by generator11
I am very disappointed to have to resort to wasting my time searching through forums looking for answers for a component that I have paid for. 9 days ago I paid 35euros for a component I thought would be great for the site I am building. I told the client what we would be able to achieve with this fantastic addition to the site. They are very excited about the possibility of having an altered log in process. I spend a long time looking for a solution, found APC, bought the component, dowloaded and installed it. All straight forward. But I cannot use it as it is locked through a dumbarse security feature that Mikko has written into it. All good if he actually supported his product but I, like many others, have had no luck with any communications at all. Mikko, if you are going to sell a product in the open source world, please write your code so that people can use your product. Being so overly paranoid that you are going to get ripped off and then ripping off countless others in the process is not the way to get credibility, help or support. He is advertising for help on his site as he is swamped. I pity the poor coders that go into business with him, will they ever get paid?
I just want the product to work, it seems like the only solution to getting several different log in processes integrating with Community Builder. Happy to pay for components to support developers way clever than I am, but not cool with getting ripped off. I have not even begun to think about how to get my money back, as I am still hoping that Mikko will unlock / activate this component for us. I really don't want to nag on and piss him off throwing me further down the queue but I need some help with this. I have deadlines and I really don't want to have to spend time or money seeking another solution. Please help

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #62741 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:Major problems: mikko & Advanced Profile Contro
Hi everyone. It has been quite a while since anyone has heard from Mikko. Is there any way that this component can be hacked to work? Or what about the earlier versions? Are they able to be used with 1.1 comm. builder? It seems odd that no-one else has built a component to compete with this one. My rough calculations are that based on my invoice number Mikko has made about 63000euro off this component. Not a bad return really...........I was happy to pay for this, in the beginning. Not so happy now as the money went from my account straight away and I am still waiting for it to be activated. I keep getting a error message stating

"No key file detected.Product registration failed: License disabled - Please contact support."

I would love to contact support Mikko!!!!!!
I really need a component like this to make the site I am working on function properly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

• voycey
  • voycey
16 years 5 months ago #62918 by voycey
He has used Zend Guard on the code - im not sure of the possibility of cracking this but im up for having a go - I have spent the last 6 months developing a website around APC and am set to lose significant money over it if we cannot transfer it to the live server.

Someone could try cracking his IONO account lol

16 years 4 months ago #65258 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:Major problems: mikko & Advanced Profile Contro
Any news on where to find the open source version of APC that some eluded to releasing 1st June 2008? Still no news from Mikko, and no action on his web forums. Would love to get this part of my client's site finished. If you voycey know where this code is being keep could you reply so I can find it.
Cheers.

16 years 4 months ago #65342 by robkristie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon