Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - MyRSS

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 3 weeks ago #75635 by krileon
Plugin - MyRSS was created by krileon
I've designed an RSS Reader plugin. This will allow users to have up to 5 different RSS Feeds directly on their profile.

There are a TON of options that you can select in order to define how the feeds will be handled.

It's styled using standard joomla syle sheet.

I've designed it to run fairly quickly and removed all junk code. I've given it a good couple hours of testing and believe it to now be stable for release.

Users can change their feed urls by going to their settings. A new tab will be displayed saying MyRSS. There will be 5 boxes for 5 different feed links.

This is hard coded. To change this you will need to modify the code. It's done this way as to avoid having to create a new database table to handle the feeds. Instead it's integrated directly into CB.

Also my friends updates plugin will pick up on this. As it requires you to update your profile settings. An update will be said that you've updated your profile.

If you find any bugs then please let me know. Enjoy. --Version 2 is now available. Please see latest post.--

*Update*
Found some sql errors being generated if the feed is entered wrong. Working on fixing that.

*Update*
Version 2 will now contain the latest version of SimplePie instead of an older beta. :)

Still doing error checks. Version 1 will continue to work as is, but produces the sql errors as said before.

*Update*
Version 2 has now eradicated the sql errors found in version 1. Expect release soon after a bit of extra testing. :cheer:

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/27 03:32

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/27 03:52

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 3 weeks ago #75643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - MyRSS
Version 2 is now complete.

You no longer will receive SQL errors on a bad RSS url.

It will now also print an error message within the tab if the user has supplied an invalid URL. This will also hide their valid RSS. It's designed to prevent the plugin from parsing false RSS and erroring out your server or locking up your host.

I've also upgraded the parse from a beta version of simplepie to the latest release version.

This has caused the plugin to receive an INCREDIBLE speed increase.

I highly recommend you download and install version2 over version1.

You will not need to uninstall version1 to apply this update. You may extract the zip and simply copy and paste the new files over. Don't forget to delete myrss.inc

If you find any bugs. Please let me know. Enjoy.

Attachment plug_cbmyrss_v2.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/27 04:55

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

15 years 2 months ago #106512 by erikseven777
Replied by erikseven777 on topic Re:Plugin - MyRSS
I'm having trouble installing this in 1.5 with legacy on or off. I'm copying the files to the user folder of the CB plugins directory, then deleting that INC file.

Any suggestions? And do you have a demo site for this plugin?

Thanks,

Erik

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 2 months ago #106556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - MyRSS
Old development. I no longer maintain this plugin. It's Open Source however and you're free to do as you like with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon