Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - MyEbay (DONE)

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 2 weeks ago #76387 by krileon
Plugin - MyEbay (DONE) was created by krileon
Thought I'd let you all know what my current project is. I'm working on allowing users to add their ebay listings directly on their profile.

This is easily achievable by using ebays built in RSS listing capability.

I've managed to break down the different URLs to pull feeds from ebay and can now allow users to show only their listings.

I'm still working on making custom settings for the feed link, but I'm working on it. Trying to figure a few extra things out, but it should be done today.

The good news is the structure of the plugin is already completed thanks to MyRSS plugin I designed. This will make development smooth, simple, and fast.

So expect something very soon!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/05 19:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 2 weeks ago #76405 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - MyEbay (WIP)
Alrighty so far it's done. I've got a little more testing to do and I should have to ready for release really soon.

There is 1 limitation. Sorting the RSS list is not possible unless the amount of items to be displayed is 100. This has nothing to do with me or any other RSS parser. It's retarded ebay. Their feeds force 100 item limitation. Can't go higher or lower without breaking sort capability.

So I've made that a note on the field it self for users to be aware of this.

What features I've supplied is:
Sorting
Paypal only items
Buy it now items
item display amount

I've also provided plenty of backend options. You can disable pictures if you want to. Adjust the cache time. Display popup with item information as well. Change the link target. You can do an item display overwrite. So you have it show only say 25 items and users setting to change item display has no affect. If no overwrite is set. Users display amount will be used by default. If user specifys no display amount and you set no overwrite. The RSS feed tab will reject being displayed.

So plenty of options and fail safes set aside to ensure it works properly. All ebay RSS translate perfectly. Buy now, Bid, Watch, etc.. it all works.

Also it's set to only user USA ebay. If you want other countries and languages then say so. Otherwise I won't waste my time.

*Update*
Alrighty I'm nice so I'm adding country/language selection too, lol. Be done in a few minutes. If no country/language is selected then it'll fall back to default which is USA english.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/05 19:01

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 2 weeks ago #76412 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - MyEbay (WIP)
All done.

If you find any problems then let me know. Shouldn't be any issues, but never know. Tested it completely and checked every setting. Had no problems.

Anyway, now your users can sell their ebay items directly from their profile.

enjoy :)

Attachment plug_myebay_v1.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon