Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Send email to multiple users

• mikekiwi
  • mikekiwi
16 years 1 week ago #77308 by mikekiwi
Send email to multiple users was created by mikekiwi
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to enable the users of my website to mail all or a selection of other users an email.

Of course they can send an email via the CB member list I created, but that's only to one user at a time.

With UddeIm something like this can be done, but that's with a PMS and I do want an email-solution.

The ideal solution would be to have some checkboxes in the members list and after selecting a few or all users, then click on the "Send Email" option, after which you can send an email to the users by filling the same form you see now when you send the email to one single user....

I hope I made myself clear enough, very hard to describe when it's not your native language...:unsure: ;)

Is something like this already available?

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikekiwi
  • mikekiwi
16 years 19 hours ago #77885 by mikekiwi
Replied by mikekiwi on topic Re:Send email to multiple users
A small bump to see if it is a Mission Impossible or if there still hope left for the idea I have...B)

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 15 hours ago #77903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Send email to multiple users
This isn't such a good idea. Each e-mail sent from your server is actually a good deal of work on the server. To implement something like this would require a dedicated server even for small to medium size communities.

I strongly advice against allowing mass mailing. On top of that your host may limit you to x e-mails per hour. If that's the case and you hit the cap due to users sending too many then your registration e-mails will not be sent out.

It's just too easy to abuse.

It's possible, but you're going to need to make the component to allow it or plugin if you want it handled from within their profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikekiwi
  • mikekiwi
16 years 13 hours ago #77906 by mikekiwi
Thanks for your reply!

Just for your information; the two sites I've created are both closed communities. No external registration is possible, all users (max. 100 each site) are created by me via User Management without sending of registration e-mails.
I do expect the function to be used for a maximum of 4-5 times a week, so not that often.

An alternative would be that after selecting the users as described in my initial posting; their mailadresses will be generated in a MailTo-statement (in a BCC-field preferrably). In that way the server-capacity won't be affected, it's the users' emailclient which does the hard work, that would be an even better option as I think of it at the moment...

Any idea if this can be implemented?

Thanks again,
Michael

• mikekiwi
  • mikekiwi
15 years 11 months ago #79034 by mikekiwi
just a friendly last try to see if there is someone who can help me out on this one... :whistle:

• esra
  • esra
15 years 10 months ago #82907 by esra
Replied by esra on topic Re:Send email to multiple users
im looking for the same thing mabe someone can set us in the right direction?

in msn groups its a standard option but they stop on feb 2009 :angry:

so this would be a good way to have the group mail to all or to one or to a view...

hope to hear from someone

thanx already

Moderators: beatnantkrileon