Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors

16 years 2 days ago #77739 by countrymen
Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors was created by countrymen
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me. I am attempting to upload ZakAuthor to link articles back to the CB profile. I've uploaded it successfully before, but now I'm encountering a problem. When I upload the package through the CB Plugin page, I get the following errors:

Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package.

Upload showPlugins - Failed
Installation file not found:
media/install_48fa88b577145/

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 2 days ago #77741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors
Make an XML for it and put it in the zip.

If it has one then it probably needs to be updated or properly remade.

Look at other plugin XMLs for examples on how to do this. You can also read the documents, which will clearly explain it step by step.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/19 05:36

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

16 years 2 days ago #77746 by countrymen
Replied by countrymen on topic Re:Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors
Thanks krileon.

I tried your suggestions, but the reality is that I'm not advanced enough to create an xml file, because nothing I did worked.

Do you or anyone else know of any other plugins that can be used to link authors back to their CB profiles?

Thanks for the help.
Ryan

16 years 2 days ago #77770 by countrymen
Replied by countrymen on topic Re:Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors
Nevermind! I figured it out. There were several fixes that had to be made. It's just strange that when I uploaded it the first time, it worked out of the box, but this time it didn't. In any case, thanks for your comments krileon. I wouldn't have figured it out without your help.

Ryan

• alexalecu
  • alexalecu
15 years 9 months ago #85772 by alexalecu
Replied by alexalecu on topic Re:Plugin-ZakAuthor - Upload errors
you're supposed to install it as a Joomla 1.5 plugin and not as a CB one (which is what you're trying to do)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon