Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fireboard Profile Karma Plugin

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 11 months ago #79410 by krileon
Fireboard Profile Karma Plugin was created by krileon
For those interested; I'm making a plugin that will increase a users karma using fireboards karma system.

Some of you may wonder why I'm doing this. Well if a user doesn't want to perticipate in the forums. How are they to get karma? They can't! So now users can give other users karma directly on their profiles.

Now they can earn it from forum or directly from their profile. Them being linked prevents spam. So if a user gets 1 karma from forums. They can't get another from their profile.

I'm almost done with it and it should be done today, but if not then I'll have it completed for tomorrow.

I'm using the already existing code from fireboard to integrate this. So it's not the easiest of tasks, but it's coming along fine.

It does NOT do a config check to see if karma is turned on in the fireboard backend. This is to avoid un-necessary queries. What this means is you can turn karma off on the forums, but still use it on the profile.

This is with fireboard integration ONLY. It will NOT work with other forum systems. You MUST have fireboard installed. Don't ask me to modify it for other forums. As it's designed for fireboard from the ground up!

Check back here soon for the plugin!

*Update*
Almost done. I've also made it so you can add karma increase links anywhere you want.

*Update*
The plugin has become a simple handler. It will not be what displays the actual buttons to increase karma, but rather handle the increasing it self.

I'll be providing an insert hack that you place inside the simpleboard plugin. This hack will cause the buttons to appear directly next to the karma value. This allows you to have a flawless design for karma. It would be rather retarded to make an entire tab just to show karma value and 2 buttons, lol.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/11/11 23:25

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 11 months ago #79434 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fireboard Profile Karma Plugin
Done. Be sure to read the instructions so you can apply the hack to cbsimpleboardtab.

You also should set it to show karma even if 0 from the simpleboardtab plugin params.

Let me know if there's any problems!

Joomla 1.0.x

Attachment plug_fbkarmahandler_v01.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon