Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Login Notifications

• tranceman
  • tranceman
15 years 10 months ago #80537 by tranceman
CB Login Notifications was created by tranceman
Hello,

Is there anyway to make it so 'new comments' in the profile book are also displayed in the cb login module similar to how private messages are?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tranceman
  • tranceman
15 years 10 months ago #80544 by tranceman
Replied by tranceman on topic Re:CB Login Notifications
How hard would it be to hack the cb login module to do this?

• drijn
  • drijn
  • Add-ons
15 years 10 months ago #80546 by drijn
Replied by drijn on topic Re:CB Login Notifications
I myself hacked the cb login module to duplay PURPS (from pragmaticutopia.com) pending game notification.

But you have to realize that for notifications, a 'unread' or 'pending' state has to be associated to the item you want to notify. Sorry for my english if this is not clear.

I mean, you have mail notifications because an email has an unread state in the DB, or 'pending' state PURPS Game.

As profile comments don't have an unread state, it would be hard to see if the profile owner has seen it allready... for not showing the notification when it's useless...

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 10 months ago #80553 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Login Notifications
Yep it's possible. I did it on my site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon