Skip to Content Skip to Menu

URI error with cb_eventlist plugin

15 years 10 months ago #81684 by cr33dog@gmail.com
URI error with cb_eventlist plugin was created by cr33dog@gmail.com
I just installed the eventlist plugin along with CB 1.2 RC4 (Joomla 1.5.8) and it shows this error:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in [trimmed]/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbeventlistmyevents/eventlist_cb.php on line 189

Warning: getimagesize( events.moneyweekhouston.org/images/eventlist/events/ ) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in [trimmed]/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbeventlistmyevents/eventlist_cb.php on line 189

To work-around, around line 185 in eventlist_cb.php change:
[code:1]$live_site1 = $live_site . "images/eventlist/events/small/" . $result->datimage ;
$live_site2 = $live_site . "images/eventlist/events/" . $result->datimage ;[/code:1]

to:
[code:1]$live_site1 = "images/eventlist/events/small/" . $result->datimage ;
$live_site2 = "images/eventlist/events/" . $result->datimage ;
[/code:1]

Why in the world the plug-in calls the full URL in the first place is beyond me. Hotlinking should not be allowing in the first place, and on servers with the PHP settings locked down it causes problems - not to mention the possible extra load for a large site...

HTH,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #84407 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Re:URI error with cb_eventlist plugin
Chris,

Thanks. The fix worked. This error only showed when viewing a logged in user was viewing his own profile.

By the way, I modified the file as directed and replaced it in the archive, which is attached.

Attachment plug_cbeventlistmyevents.zip not found

Post edited by: FidelGonzales, at: 2009/01/06 23:00
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon