Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Recommendation for Multiple User Profile Templates

15 years 10 months ago #82236 by jinglejammer
I am working on a Joomla site (1.5.7) that has the following requirements:

*Customized Profile Template (Additional Fields and Different Layout than standard profile template)
*Ability to purchase (with AEC or any other plugin) a user profile as a Regular User (with an image gallery)
*Ability to purchase (with AEC or any other plugin) a user profile as a Sponsored User (with static images)
*Both user types should have a public profile with a SEF URL

Does anyone have a recommendation for an extension that can handle this? I've tried a combination of Community Builder and AEC but it doesn't allow me to assign different profile templates depending on the user group. One option I've heard is Profile Manager by Joomlashake but I hear their support isn't all that good and I'm already having difficulties installing. Any other ideas out there?

Thanks!
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #85275 by generator11
I too am in the same boat with needing multiple user registrations and have purchased Proma / Joomlashake but I am now back in the same place as I was with Mikko's APC back in July 08................this really sucks. The promised release has not come, the forum is down, there has been no response to emails.......

Is this ever going to be a feature of CB? It adds so much more functionality to the CB core, and if it can be done by Mikko then surely the CB team can give it a crack. Please please please!!!!!! Nant I hope you are listening....check out my other posts....
I cant believe that Proma are repeating Mikko's pattern, after all the talk of not going down that path. My client is right pissed off as this is a key part to the usability of their site, and another series of sites that we are currently working on. Would love to hear if someone has got this sorted.....

I too have checked out the legal disclaimer of Joomlashake and it gives no accountability whatsoever. I see that there are 320 members, if even half of those members have paid the US$40 then they have made $6400 in a couple of months off a product that is still not out of beta, but they have cleverly covered themselves by offering a 4mth subscription to their download service rather than an actual component.... I am starting to lose faith that i will ever see a working version of something like this one our many sites

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

15 years 7 months ago #91285 by generator11
Another footnote to this saga - I have another new version in the mail.....tomorrow

Post edited by: generator11, at: 2009/03/09 23:10

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

• awdesign
  • awdesign
15 years 6 months ago #93345 by awdesign
I paid for PromaSetup membership and requested support from joomlashake.com. But I haven't received any reply from them regarding my support request for more than 3 weeks.

They claim that paid membership support includes Priority Support and Installation service, but they do not even reply open tickets.

I asked to cancel my membership and refund the membership money. I am waiting reply from them.

It is a waste of money and time. Do not trust this company at all. Their extension should be removed from Joomla due to Fraud.

Thanks,
Lewis

Post edited by: awdesign, at: 2009/04/03 23:36
Attachments:

• vade27
  • vade27
15 years 6 months ago #94239 by vade27
It seems like the PROMA developers have released a new version? Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

• awdesign
  • awdesign
15 years 6 months ago #94274 by awdesign
Do not trust PROMA developers. no support at all. they take your money and they disappear.

Just wait another week since CB Team is releasing of its CB Paid Subscriptions System.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon