Skip to Content Skip to Menu

AdsManager migrate from CB 1.0 to cb 1.2 rc4

• Gooru
  • Gooru
15 years 9 months ago #83540 by Gooru
Hi..

Does anyone have any insight into how I can pull all the info from AdsManager into an upgrade from J1.0 to J1.5 and from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2rc4?

I've got everything set up but it's not pulling the data over that was created in J1.0

GooRu Source
Web Development and Management

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #83621 by krileon
Gooru wrote:

Hi..

Does anyone have any insight into how I can pull all the info from AdsManager into an upgrade from J1.0 to J1.5 and from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2rc4?

I've got everything set up but it's not pulling the data over that was created in J1.0

AdsManager doesn't touch the ACL table or user table. It should be fine to simply reinstall then import your table with its previous data.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/29 18:15

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Gooru
  • Gooru
15 years 9 months ago #83622 by Gooru
Hi...

Well I did that (I thought) I used the MTW migrator to migrate data from the old site to the new. Obviously it did not work.

IS there another method you recommend?

GooRu Source

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #83685 by krileon
Gooru wrote:

Hi...

Well I did that (I thought) I used the MTW migrator to migrate data from the old site to the new. Obviously it did not work.

IS there another method you recommend?

What by didn't work do you mean?

It's likely the userids no longer match up and a migration extension will need to be wrote so it can be properly migrated; that is of course if the migration changed everyone's IDs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Gooru
  • Gooru
15 years 9 months ago #83695 by Gooru
Well that is true about the migration extension not having the "amp" to grab the plugin data.

SO I'm importing the user tables in hope that this will do it.

I installed CB 1.1 on my J1.5 install and included all the plugins I use.

Now I'm about to drop the tables and import the previous installs tables.

Then I plan to upgrade the whole thing to CB 1.2rc 4...

Am I on the right track?

GooRu Source

Moderators: beatnantkrileon