Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Points/Credits System [edit]

18 years 7 months ago #8381 by boydverbeek
Points/Credits System [edit] was created by boydverbeek
ok i wanna show you guys the point/credit system, im trying to make with another guy although he does most of the work.:P

it works very very easy now, but on my website members can add downloads or documents in DocMan.
points are given once i have approved the submitted content, this is to ensure that people have there rights to there points, and not the people that add junk.

and in the profile there wil be a easy field added, and then magic happens and shows this. :P

this is just a alpha version and wil be making more features and easy way installing this, we wanna share it with you guys but for now this is the only thing i can show you. :(

for now i just wanna know if many people are intrested in this, so leave a reply and tell me what you think??
maybe some idea's would be great aswell. :laugh:

*******[EDIT]********

we have now done the decreasing of the points, this can practicly be done with any component.
but il show you a image with the component ReMOSitory, this is what will happen when you run out of points

as you can see you arent able to download :woohoo:

again idea's are welcome

Post edited by: boydverbeek, at: 2006/03/17 18:16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lennox
  • lennox
18 years 7 months ago #8382 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:Points/Credits System
Yes, a point system is great,
I'm using the Karma from joomlaboard as a Pointsystem.
When you play a game on my site and you get a highscore you got +3 karma.
When you invite you're MSNmessengerlist and some new members wil join you get +5 karma for each member.
Also i'm using the karma for rating in user profiles.
:)
Maybe this is a idea to use it in the future?

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

18 years 7 months ago #8385 by boydverbeek
Replied by boydverbeek on topic Re:Points/Credits System
yes it is il keep it in mind and we wanna do it also with the forum JB so that everypost you get a point :)

• tickleme
  • tickleme
18 years 7 months ago #8548 by tickleme
Replied by tickleme on topic Re:Points/Credits System [edit]
I've posted this in the Extended CB thread, but as of yet have no replies.

Basically, what I need to do is this:

Authors earn points by rating and commenting on site content based on the length of the content. i.e. 1-100 word content entry gives author 1 point, 101-250 gets 2 points, 251-500 gets 3 points, 501-1000 gets 4 points, 1001-2000 gets 5 points, and anything over 2001 gets 6 points.

Accumulating 6 points gives the author one post to content.

Points can build up to a maximum of say 200 points, but then they must use their points by posting content before earning more points. They can't post until they have rated/commented on content, but do get 2 free posts to content just for registering.

I'd also like to be able to allow admin to moderate so that all points and comments are verified. Admin should also be able to access the points in case there is an error or they just want to be nice and give away some points for extra credit.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. I'm very new to PHP and Mambo CB but love the functionality. I just need someone to point me in the right direction as to where to find the information to do this myself.

I'm not sure if your points system would do this for me, but I'd love to see what you think. I desperately need to get this points/system implemented so any help would be great!

Thanks a million.
Tickleme

• mikko
  • mikko
18 years 7 months ago #8557 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Points/Credits System [edit]
You need to modify com_content of joomla core. Propably get more answers at joomla forum, not CB.

mikko

• tickleme
  • tickleme
18 years 7 months ago #8558 by tickleme
Replied by tickleme on topic Re:Points/Credits System [edit]
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :woohoo: This totally has me bonkers. I really appreciate your help. :D

Moderators: beatnantkrileon