Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to translate backend ? How to build a plugin?

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
15 years 9 months ago #83837 by dotcom22
Hi everybody

I would like to know if somebody plan to make CB backend translation option in your futur version 1.2 stable. In fact I need to translate backend for the need of my customers and it appear admin backend are harcoded in files sources and no plugin are available for translate it... I imagine translate admin are not a priority of CB team and this is to bad due to the nature of your community component for international need...

Just for know it is possible to make a custom plugin for get this translation ? How I can do ? Probably the first step are to locate all piece of language need to be translated in all admin file. And after ? I imagine it can possible to set a kind of php tag in place of language and that for each piece of text..something like : <lang_title> / <lang_description> / <lang_comment_registration> and cover all text... After that it necessary to create a language file where all this tag must be listed with their respective translation and link this file to some admin CB core files...

Please can you tell me if is possible ? Can you indicate me exactly how to develop it ?

Anyway the major problem are probably in case of release/update of CB. If in future some more function are added to the core file it is necessary to update also the translation...

Any information are much appreciate...thanks.

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon