Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using the new templating method in CB 1.2

• beat
  • beat
15 years 8 months ago #86366 by beat
deni_hanca wrote:

This is a screenshot of the members list from my offline test site.

Sometimes one just need to be simple, but behind that simplicity lies great power;) .

You also need to rename the php file to match the name of your tempate, as well as to rename the few classes inside that file from whateverDEFAULTwhatever to whateverYOURTEMPLATENAMEwhatever.

That turned out to be the case for me. Now, just add a little more style, and it'll be ready. This is certainly a better method than hacking the default templates.
It worked:), Thank you Beat, Nant and Krileon :lol:
PS: One thing I noticed though: I only modify one class (CBListView_html). But if I delete the other classes (CBProfileView_html and CBRegisterFormView_html) in mytemplate.php file, it renders blank pages when those classes called. (Because those classes aren't defined in mytemplate.php file, I thought it would render from the default.php instead.. but it didn't). So I just kept it without modifying it:) .

Cool, looks very nice. Idea was exactly to permit such things :)

Hope you will share it, at least a neutral version, so others can get inspiration :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #86379 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Using the new templating method in CB 1.2

Cool, looks very nice. Idea was exactly to permit such things

Hope you will share it, at least a neutral version, so others can get inspiration

Thank you, Beat :) Of course i will share it, I just need to repack it and do a few more tests.;)

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com

15 years 8 months ago #86420 by deni_hanca
Replied by deni_hanca on topic Re:Using the new templating method in CB 1.2
This is my experiment in using the new CB templating feature. The idea? read the first post. Basically it is a modification of the default template, plus some CSS.

To achieve a somewhat handsome look in your website with this template, you'll have to experiment with the template.css file. the modifications are appended in the bottom of the file, it is commented so hopefully easy to understand and implement. Look for the /**bkrcb6**/ signature. Also in the bkrcb6.php, the modification are signed in the same manner.

The file is attached with this post. Feel free to use and develop it. Feedback is highly appreciated:laugh:

EDIT: I forgot to attach the file:P

Attachment bkrcb6.zip not found

Post edited by: deni_hanca, at: 2009/01/24 00:19

Wadya Balad Lises Unpad di www.lises-unpad.com
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon