Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fireboard Fork Native 1.5 complete

• blakey87
  • blakey87
15 years 8 months ago #89041 by blakey87
Fireboard Fork Native 1.5 complete was created by blakey87
So just before Fireboard forums were closed, I was working on a native 1.5 version for myself, I was going to be apart to the Kunena team and help convert it fully over on that side, I did to some extent, but now I’ve thought what the heck release my own version, since it allows me to implement functionality of my own choice, plus I’ll learn more this way.

Any way it’s complete and working in a stable condition natively on Joomla 1.5 I’d appreciate anyone installing it on a test server and giving it a shot. Community builder integrates right into it, so profiles as well uses profile information.

It boosts plenty of new features, and Iv already implemented a new caching functionality which will drastically reduces the amount memory Fireboard used and could take up, this will be in the next version.

As time moves on Fire Bulletin Board will take advantage of J1.5's great api and use the MVC, this has already been implemented to an extent in the admin side.

There is no change log as of yet but you can download the file here

If you have any suggestions let me know here or via the forums here

One thing to note is I have only test this on Joomla 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 so prior versions may not work, but hopefully there are some users who can test so I can work out any other unknown bugs due to the 1.5 version of J

Download here

Post edited by: blakey87, at: 2009/02/17 17:31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon