Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom parameter type for CB plugin

• yvolk
  • yvolk
15 years 6 months ago #93865 by yvolk
Hi!
I've just started to integrate yvComment commenting solution with CB, having a goal to minimize existing code/text duplication.
Now I have problem with porting plugin parameters to CB: everything looks like Joomla! 1.5 native parameters, but custom parameter type doesn't work.
E.g. in Joomla! 1.5 I successfully use:
[code:1]
<params addpath="/components/com_yvcomment/elements">
<param name="YVCOMMENT_DESCRIPTION" type="yvcommentspacer"
default="" label="DESCRIPTION" description="" />
[/code:1]
The main purpose of this custom type is to initialize "yvComment kernel" and, by the way, load language strings.

In CB 1.2 this "custom parameter type" doesn't work plus I have this notice:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _HANDLER - assumed '_HANDLER' in C:\Inetpub\yv-joomla\www\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\library\cb\cb.params.php on line 1244

(it looks like something is not implemented yet in CB...).

So my question is:
- How can I have "custom parameter type" for the user plugin (the custom type, which is handled by the plugin's code)?
or
- How can I execute some code of my user's plugin on the "Community Builder Plugin: Edit" page?

Post edited by: yvolk, at: 2009/04/05 15:31
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yvolk
  • yvolk
15 years 4 months ago #99702 by yvolk
Replied by yvolk on topic Re:Custom parameter type for CB plugin
To everybody interested: I've figured out how to "execute some code of my user's plugin on the 'Community Builder Plugin: Edit' page":

It appeared to be very simple:
The code of the plugin file is executed before user sees this 'Community Builder Plugin: Edit' page.

So, I've inserted all necessary initializations (and localization also!) into beginning of my 'components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbyvcomment/cbyvcomment.php' file.

CB yvComment plugin is already released under GPL licence, see CB yvComment .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon