Skip to Content Skip to Menu

zipcodeshop - CB Radius search

• asgard
  • asgard
15 years 5 months ago #96777 by asgard
zipcodeshop - CB Radius search was created by asgard
Does anyone have any experience with the ZipCodeShop CB radius search component? Unfortunately they seem to have gone out of business - I've received no replies to any attempts to contact them for nearly 3 months. :(

I have a couple of issues I'm hoping someone can help with. First is that I need to customise the search templates, both to tweak the search and also have it multi-lingual.

Unfortunately (despite $99 for the component!) the documentation is very very scarce and the support past the first couple of days absolutely non-existent. They have a support forum on their site but it's private - I've had no response to requests for access and no replies to any support tickets opened on their website so I'm struggling.

If anyone has any experience on customising this I'd appreciate it some help!

Secondly, the component does not work properly with IE8, reporting an error in some code it's pulling down from google -

[code:1]
Line: 106
Char: 18
Code: 0
URI: maps.google.com/intl/en_ALL/mapfiles/153e/maps2.api/main.js [/code:1]

Any advice appreciated.

This is only time I've bought commercial components that are encoded and it's definitely put me off the experience. I give them $99, they disappear, and I can't even look at much of the code to fix any bugs :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rachelg
  • rachelg
15 years 5 months ago #97074 by rachelg
Replied by rachelg on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
Hi There

I have been having a similar experience, I have now logged the issue through paypal as well.

I do not think they have gone bust, they recently put a message on their website about a server move.

Perhaps we should speak off list, we may be able to help each other out?

15 years 5 months ago #97129 by digitalcostas
Replied by digitalcostas on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
Hey Guys,

I'm having a similar problem with ZCS with no replies from their support.

On top of needing to customize the search template, we're having trouble looking up dealers by ZIP CODE... some dealers just aren't showing up even though they're in the system!

Any ideas would be very appreciated... I just found this forum for the first time and signed up to post this. I'll try to subscribe here but please e-mail me - costas@kcacomputing.com - if you can help.

-Costas

• asgard
  • asgard
15 years 5 months ago #97148 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
I saw the "server move/new site" notice too. It's gone now and no new site, and still no replies to anything, so it's not looking positive. I would have opened a paypal refund request as well except I went on vacation and it was too late when I got back :(

c'est la vie.

• kingnuss
  • kingnuss
15 years 5 months ago #99231 by kingnuss
Replied by kingnuss on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
...same here....
the search component is not working...no support, no answers...
will be nice if somebody has an idea what to do about this, how to make the search work

• asgard
  • asgard
15 years 5 months ago #99258 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
I've successfully managed to create a replacement to this component using Fabrik from Fabrikar.com.

It requires a bit of work and some SQL knowledge but works well. I'll try to get around to doing a blogpost explaining my solution, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon