Skip to Content Skip to Menu

zipcodeshop - CB Radius search

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
14 years 8 months ago #123964 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
I just realized that this guy is only 20 minutes from my office.

so if it goes bad...maybe we dont have to involve paypal at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #123990 by PaddyThorne
Replied by PaddyThorne on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
Hey all,
Ive had a good read through this thread and it seems that some of you guys are working away at trying to get this sorted.
I too need a working CB Radius Search and after reading many reviews about ZCS do not want to part with the money. Has anyone actually managed to get in touch with them?? if so, id be interested to hear what they have to say. I have been trying to get in touch with them for over 4 months with no response... Have they gone out of business??
Either way, a working radius search for CB would be a brilliant thing!
Asgard (or anyone else), have you managed to get anything sorted? I would be willing to donate towards getting a fully working version.
Hope someone can help...

Cheers,
Paddy Thorne
www.looseconnection.biz

• kingnuss
  • kingnuss
14 years 8 months ago #123997 by kingnuss
Replied by kingnuss on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
also waiting for months....also willing to donate for a working radius search

14 years 8 months ago #123999 by PaddyThorne
Replied by PaddyThorne on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
This is mad isn't it??
It seems that this thread (and a few others about the same subject) has been going on for quite a while and yet there is still no solution.
From what i can gather from reading bits and bobs about it all over the web, it is more or less pointless buying the ZCS software. There is no support, they cant be contacted and, above all, it doesn't even seem to work!
Ive just been looking at Fabrik as that was mentioned earlier in this thread. It looks like a very powerful tool for creating complicated applications... Im going to have a go with it, but fear that my lack of technical knowledge will hold me back. If I get anywhere Ill post a solution here.
In the meantime, if any developer guys feel the urge to sort out a working post code search and could do with a little extra money, there are a few guys here who would be willing to pay for such a product!!

Till then... well, im going to carry on tearing my hair out...

• asgard
  • asgard
14 years 8 months ago #124002 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
I've actually moved to using JomSocial now, but the same problem exists there.

I'm not a PHP programmer so aren't able to put together a component/module, but I have hacked together a solution using Fabrik ( www.fabrikar.com ) that can work with any geocoded table. It does require being able to create a custom MySQL view to suit your data, and also install some MySQL functions, but as long as your host is reasonably up to date that shouldn't be an issue.

At the moment you can search based on distance between members, but not the ZCS method of doing a search within a postcode radius. I could probably hack something together for that too.

I'm pretty short on time at the moment (and have been for a couple of years now developing my site!) so haven't had a chance to put together a description of what I've done.

You can check out my solution at www.fittogether.se (don't worry, defaults to english). The site is still under construction, but login with demo:demo and do a "Find a friend" search down the right side, set to 10km, and it should find a few of the members. The version I originally did for CB works exactly the same.

So, in short, it requires installing Fabrik, and the ability to work directly with MySQL.

If you think you can do that yourself let me know and I'll see about finding some time to outline what I did on my website. Otherwise you'll need to pay me or someone else to do it for you, which may not be cheap.

/David

Post edited by: asgard, at: 2010/02/10 12:57

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
14 years 8 months ago #124011 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:zipcodeshop - CB Radius search
yes I need a real zcs search function.
I have well over 12,000 users in my db.
and almost all of them have expressed this need in the forums

I am looking for a nulled copy today, I will install that and go from there,

@ $99 people will hack your script
at $9 nobody will bother.

they are charging way too much and providing too little.

I dont feel one bit of remorse or guilt installing a hacked/nulled copy ...."for testing"

here is his contact info:

ZipCodeShop, LLC
Customer Support

Address:
555 North Point Center East
Alpharetta
Georgia
USA

Telephone: (800) 292-5884
Fax: (816) 817-6233

Information: Hours: M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

The whois on the domain is a private registration.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon