Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Best blogging component

• Red1000
  • Red1000
18 years 6 months ago #9872 by Red1000
Best blogging component was created by Red1000
I've tried mamblog, but it didn't work inline with akocomment, so I wanted to know how to allow all users to submit blogs, and which available blogging components are the best for this. Would it be better to run a mysql query that sets all users to "author" status, and go from there? I was also looking for something that supported cell phone functionality.

Thanks!

Joomla 1.0.8 + CB Stable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
18 years 6 months ago #9904 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Best blogging component
You're with me buddy. Mamblog sucks but it's really the only option for multi-user right now. There are a couple of threads at joomla.org's forum and a guy is working on b2E and Wordpress integration. he has WP done, but not multi-user. b2E IS multi-user but it's not out yet.

Do a search over there. If you find anything I don't know about let me know.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• yang100
  • yang100
18 years 3 months ago #16086 by yang100
Replied by yang100 on topic Go Joomblog
I evaluated Mamblog, JD-WordPress and Joomblog.

Mamblog:
This is the component that is being used in Joomlapolis, home of CB. However, it has the following weakness:
* Without much configuration, the blog layout looks ugly with my site template. Well, it also looks "scattering around" on Joomlapolis.
* It relies on external comment system such as AkoComment (I tested with Tweaked 1.1). Meaning developer has to take care of both configuration and to maintain 2 upgrade paths.
* Development of Mamblog is slow. Version 1 was released on 30 October 2005. Development of AkoComment is also slow or stop.

JD-WordPress:
Strangely this component is not listed on Joomla Extention anymore. But I still manage to download version 2.0 from Joomla SourceForge. Document can be found on www.joomladeveloping.org .
* However I am not able to evaluate further. I keep getting "No Authorized" error message on many links simply inside Joomla administration.
* It seems that JD-WordPress is for single user blogging only.

Joomblog:
Reading the past review, it seems Joomblog was lacking much functionality. I simply tested the newest Joomblog 2.3 RC2. To my surprise, I believe it has great enhancement.
* It comes with a well-thought and build-in Comment system, which works for both Joomla content and blog. The admin page allows you to enable which content to be commented. No need to worry about {moscomment}, much clever than AkoComment.
* It comes with a build-in guest book.
* It comes with a build-in rich text editor.
* It allows moderation of blogger, blog and comment.
* Blogging interface looks much nicer and more features than Mamblog. It allows public and private blog, publishing duration like Joomla content, Blogroll and Blogmail <- haha, dunno how it works but impressive.
* Plug-in works with CB. So you can have a Joomblog tab too.
* BlogSide module shows lastest blog, lastest comment, etc, all in one. Convinient. (Opps, it seems not functioning)
* Most importantly, multi-user blogging!

I think at this point of time (June 2006), Joomblog outshines the rest.

• kn0w3r
  • kn0w3r
18 years 3 months ago #16110 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Go Joomblog
Opss sry. I didnt read the message above properly. Didnt see that you are talking about Joomblog also

Post edited by: kn0w3r, at: 2006/06/29 08:10

• kn0w3r
  • kn0w3r
18 years 3 months ago #16111 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Go Joomblog
sry double posted

Post edited by: kn0w3r, at: 2006/06/27 21:46

• Red1000
  • Red1000
18 years 3 months ago #16264 by Red1000
Replied by Red1000 on topic Re:Go Joomblog
After trying different blogs like the above, I think I'd just rather go with setting all new users to "author" status... which you can read about here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,11/id,11265/#11265

I haven't tried this yet, and hope it goes well... does anyone else have any info on this?

I was just going to add akocomment with the security images to joomla to make up for the commenting... and wish there was already a way we could tie the security image engine into the default cb login without hacking the core files...

Cya!

Joomla 1.0.8 + CB Stable

Moderators: beatnantkrileon