Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can’t register users

• aalfouzan
  • aalfouzan
13 years 10 months ago #148239 by aalfouzan
Can’t register users was created by aalfouzan
This issue has been posted several times with no concert remedy.

* CB correctly installed, enabled and on the front page menu.

* CB login on the front page menu.

* Joomla’s core login module is disabled.

* User Registration is permitted under Global Configuration, and Register menu appears with the required fields, independent of CB login.

** However, pressing the Register link under CB login directs me to these blank pages depending on SEF settings:

When SEF is off:

The requested URL /My Joomla/My Joomla/index.php was not found on this server.

When SEF is on:

The requested URL /My Joomla/My Joomla/index.php/component/comprofiler/registers was not found on this server.

* Tried redirecting login URL to “register” which is the path given for registered users, but it didn’t work.

* Tried cleaning the cash, but it didn’t work either.

** I disabled all CB modules, enabled the core login module, and it worked! When I press “create an account” under Login, it automatically directs me to the registration page. So obviously this is a CB issue and not Joomla.

* I’m running the server on localhost as a note.

* Joomla v. 1.5.22, CB v. 1.3.1, localhost through WAMP server v. 2 = (Apache 2.2.11 (Win32), PHP 5.3.0, GD 2, MySQL 5.0.5).

Assistant is highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #148262 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can’t register users
Please check within configuration.php for the variable $live_site. Ensure this variable is set to '' (blank). Setting to anything otherwise on J1.5 will result in problems like that (not just from CB!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• aalfouzan
  • aalfouzan
13 years 10 months ago #148277 by aalfouzan
Replied by aalfouzan on topic Re:Can’t register users
Thanks Kyle for your assistance.

The mentioned variable in configuration.php reads:

var $live_site = '';

So, it is already blank.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #148366 by krileon
Interesting, we can't investigate either as you're on a localhost. If possible please push to live environment or make your host accessible to the internet and PM me login credentials.

No idea what the issue is, but seams like your URLs are not being re-written correctly. Please disable SEF and delete .htaccess. Once done try again to confirm if resolved. If resolved use the htaccess.txt from the latest Joomla 1.5.22 package and re-enable SEF.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• guidox
  • guidox
13 years 10 months ago #148371 by guidox
Replied by guidox on topic Re:Can’t register users
Hi Kyle, my web site have the same problem in "Login Utente"!

www.fratellighedin.com/

Post edited by: guidox, at: 2010/12/10 20:14

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #148383 by krileon
With SEF disabled the link is structured perfectly fine. Link is also structured fine with SEF on. You don't have htaccess configured so does not display very "pretty".

Without SEF:
www.fratellighedin.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=61

With SEF (without htaccess):
www.fratellighedin.com/index.php/registrazione/registers

With SEF (with htaccess):
www.fratellighedin.com/registrazione/registers

Reviewing your installation the following plugin is causing a conflict and resulting in a blank page at registration. I've disabled this plugin and registration is now accessible.

System - RokCandy - rokcandy_system

I recommend removing all "rok" usage and contacting the developer of your extension. You'll need to review server error logs to debug what is happening during the blank page.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/10 21:45

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshcarr6

Moderators: beatnantkrileon