Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Extra columns on the list

• bordes
  • bordes
13 years 10 months ago #149259 by bordes
Extra columns on the list was created by bordes
I would like to have more columns on my lists. I can adress 4 columns by default but would like to have 6 or 7 columns. Can this be done??:blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #149298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Extra columns on the list
No, entire userlist is only designed with 4 columns in mind. You're welcome to try and edit the CB template PHP file to add more, but have no experience doing so and can't advise much further. You can locate CBs template files at the following location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bordes
  • bordes
13 years 10 months ago #149330 by bordes
Replied by bordes on topic Re:Extra columns on the list
I hope that someone can help get started here...I can edit the PHP file but I'm certainly no expert on this.:blink: Any help is highly appreciated!

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #149370 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Extra columns on the list
bordes wrote:

I hope that someone can help get started here...I can edit the PHP file but I'm certainly no expert on this.:blink: Any help is highly appreciated!

You'll need to adjust the PHP file for your template and specifically the function _renderBody inside the class CBListView_html_default.

You'll notice the the comment of // table headers: this foreach is what handles the headers. A good thing to do is var_dump the variable $this->columns to understand how the array is constructed. Once you understand how it's constructed you'll need to add to that array directly before the count is initiated by $colsNbr.

Please note this will affect ALL userlists. So to prevent that and to affect only a specific list you'd need to adjust your column array adjustments by surrounding it in a IF statement to check $this->id (userlist ID maybe some other variable inside the object.. just var_dump $this).

Best I can suggest without doing this for you, I apologize, but do not have the time for. Best of luck and happy holidays!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis

• Josh Lewis
  • Josh Lewis
  • Add-ons
13 years 5 months ago #163759 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re: Extra columns on the list
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to give this a try sometime.

• some1new
  • some1new
13 years 5 months ago #163766 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Re: Extra columns on the list
Thanks krileon for that reply on this item, but...

the solution you mentioned will only affect the output of the userList.

The question as far as I can see is how to add the possibility for more than 4 columns at backends "userlist management" tab. That seems to be much more difficult.

Any help and hints appreciated
Some1new

Moderators: beatnantkrileon