Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] add Field Manager "user id"

• gazzzzza
  • gazzzzza
13 years 9 months ago #149658 by gazzzzza
[SOLVED] add Field Manager "user id" was created by gazzzzza
[img size=150][/img]forgive for my English first,
I need is to add a field "user id number" in a list created, but Field Manager does not give me the option to create a new field type "USER ID" as I can do?, I created a list of names management records but now I just want to display next to your ID number, attach a picture:

Post edited by: gazzzzza, at: 2010/12/29 18:24

Post edited by: gazzzzza, at: 2010/12/29 18:25[img size=150][/img]

Post edited by: gazzzzza, at: 2010/12/29 18:27

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/30 19:04
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #149672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:add Field Manager "user id"
This can be done using a Delimiter field and Substitutions. Simply create a new field of type Fields Delimiter and have the content be [user_id]. More information on substitutions can be found within Tutorials from my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gazzzzza
  • gazzzzza
13 years 9 months ago #149701 by gazzzzza
Replied by gazzzzza on topic Re:add Field Manager "user id"
Perfect I have it fixed and what you indicated on the image to remove the search option as I can do?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #149710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:add Field Manager "user id"

and what you indicated on the image to remove the search option as I can do?

Don't understand what you're asking, sorry. Please provide more details and rephrase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gazzzzza
  • gazzzzza
13 years 9 months ago #149725 by gazzzzza
Replied by gazzzzza on topic Re:add Field Manager "user id"
I have it fixed thank you very much, congratulations for the Community Builder component is FANTASTIC! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

12 years 7 months ago #193951 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Re:add Field Manager "user id"
I have read through the tutorials and read many forum posts on "CB substitution" and "delimiter fields" but I am just not understanding.

I also would like a Community Builder field that is the user id #

"Simply create a new field of type Fields Delimiter and have the content be [user_id]"

Ok, I created a new field in Community Builder that is a Field delimiter... do I put [user_id] in the database ? I am not understanding where to enter the information since I do not see anywhere to add it within the Community Builder field entry itself.

Mary
webie-design.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon