Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Search Criteria

13 years 9 months ago #150279 by laptoproadie
Search Criteria was created by laptoproadie
The search options are great in CB, but my needs are rather specific.

We need for the search to be very restrictive. We already have it set to 'Simple Exact Match' which makes it match First Name, Last Name, AND Member ID to show the record which is exactly what we want.

However, if you leave any field blank then it removes that field as a filter. For example, leave out Member Id and Last Name and use 'Will' for First Name will yield all 'Will's in the database. Our site is going to house medical records and we can't allow that.

I was also wondering if we can block anyone from using the 'List All' functionality? We removed the link from the search page, but we also need to block any direct access request to that page. I am thinking I can accomplish this by setting up a mod_rewrite rule in .htaccess, but any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Criteria

However, if you leave any field blank then it removes that field as a filter. For example, leave out Member Id and Last Name and use 'Will' for First Name will yield all 'Will's in the database. Our site is going to house medical records and we can't allow that.

This is possible, but you'll need to develop a new plugin utilizing CB triggers (see tutorials within signature) to redirect away based off search criteria to ensure users never browser with only 1 or 2 criteria instead of all.

I was also wondering if we can block anyone from using the 'List All' functionality?

To avoid core edits you could use the documentation subscriber incubator project CB Redirect to redirect away from the list all page to some other page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dlshelby
  • dlshelby
13 years 8 months ago #154740 by dlshelby
Replied by dlshelby on topic Re:Search Criteria
I have the same issue, I'm using CB-subs and want to allow members to NOT display their information in a search for members, I just want to HIDE the "List All" link so it does not display at all. Where is this located and is there a way to just turn this off?
thanks,
Deb

• Turcabdo
  • Turcabdo
13 years 3 months ago #169690 by Turcabdo
Replied by Turcabdo on topic Re:Search Criteria
Deb, did you ever find a way to hide the "List All" link? I'd like to do the same thing.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon