Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Make CB Login link in Top menu turn into Logout?

• miikie3
  • miikie3
13 years 9 months ago #150593 by miikie3
Hello, I'm currently building a site with CB and am using the CB login module on the Home page. I also created a Login link in the Top Menu. When a user signs in I would like this link to switch to Logout. Is this even possible, and if so how? I've been looking every where but I can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150625 by krileon
It's not possible to dynamically switch the login/logout menu links in a Joomla menu. Conditional code is needed to cause this. You could of course set the logout link to Registered access, but then when logged in users would have login and logout links. This is not something for CB to do; please post to Joomla boards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #224283 by laybergerF
Replied by laybergerF on topic Make CB Login link in Top menu turn into Logout?
With Joomla 3.x and CB 1.8, what would the conditional code be to have the text for a a login menu item change to logout for registered users?, and where would go? Thanks...fred

Moderators: beatnantkrileon