Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Help with error

• Nutopia1
  • Nutopia1
13 years 8 months ago #154730 by Nutopia1
Help with error was created by Nutopia1
Hi,
When I click the 'Register New User' link on my site, I'm getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function cbset() on a non-object in /home/pool/domains/whatever.com/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php on line 55

I just tried to update from version 1.1 to version 1.4. After the update, though, the Configuration Manager still says my version is 1.1.

any help is appreciated! thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #192788 by TomPaine56
Replied by TomPaine56 on topic Re: Help with error
i have the same problem with a website i'm busy helping out, previous admins seem to have meddled with the component/modules, the component shows version 1.1, the modules 1.4 in the respective Joomla system menus. i wonder if i can uninstall Community Builder as is & install the latest version since it is in a mess anyway. i just don't understand how the plugins could be affected. another problem is the size of the database, i wanted to back it up, but it's too large ... well ... maybe i find a solution ... for now uninstalling appears to be the easy way out, i already tried unpublishing it, but then i got other error messages related to files that don't even exist in packages 1.1 or 1.4 ...

12 years 7 months ago #194077 by TomPaine56
Replied by TomPaine56 on topic Re: Help with error
in the end i uninstalled any old Community Builder modules & deleted the files & folders, backed up the database & removed everything from it (which may not have been necessary). then i installed the latest version (1.8) of Community Builder, since the database had additional fields i had to go back to the database backup using those (that's why maybe it wasn't necessary to clear the database). everything's working fine for now. i found a captcha solution i now plan to install, unfortunately the solution i found is difficult to integrate into the Community Builder ... stuck again with a new problem :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon