Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How Can I Change Search Results Layout?

• spock9458
  • spock9458
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #155204 by spock9458
How Can I Change Search Results Layout? was created by spock9458
I am using CB 1.4 with the Search - Community Builder plugin. It works very well, however when I click on a profile "link" from the search results, the Profile layout shown contains side modules that are not visible in the regular Profile layout.

In other words, the mandatory CB Profile menu link reveals a page layout that I have adjusted, by removing all modules from the right side of the page, and it looks good. When the profile page is shown by clicking a link in the search results, the layout is different, and it has the Banner module and other right-side modules that make the area too small.

Where can I adjust the page layout for the profile when displayed from search results link?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Grinage
Smart Websites & Networking, LLC
Webmaster at www.nmlta.org
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by spock9458.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spock9458
  • spock9458
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #155438 by spock9458
Replied by spock9458 on topic Re: How Can I Change Search Results Layout?
Maybe if I supply some more information someone will know how to advise me about this. I am using a Joomla template created with Artisteer that has a three-column layout. The modules and menus I have on the right side column can be added or removed from just about any page that has a menu link, in the back-end Module Manager. This is how I can remove the right side modules for the CB Profile page.

But, when I use the CB Search plugin, I have a menu item linked to "standard Search layout displays the Search Form and result." I believe that is what the plugin instructions said to do. The Search Form and the results list are fine, my right-side modules to not appear. However, when I click on a "link" from the results list, the Profile page that comes up has the right-side modules showing.

So - normal CB Profile page shows no right-side modules, but Profile page from search results link shows the right-side modules. Is there a way I can remove the right-side modules from the search results Profiles?

I have attached 4 screenshots to illustrate my issue. Please help me if you can.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Grinage
Smart Websites & Networking, LLC
Webmaster at www.nmlta.org
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by spock9458. Reason: Add Images

• bhesketh
  • bhesketh
12 years 9 months ago #187271 by bhesketh
Replied by bhesketh on topic Re: How Can I Change Search Results Layout?
I have this question as well. Did you figure out a solution? The search results page urls are dynamic based on what is searched and can't be created as menu items giving them a definitive place to place a module.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon