Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Comp menu item CB missing in Admin.

13 years 6 months ago #159257 by incrediweb
Comp menu item CB missing in Admin. was created by incrediweb
Hi Everyone...
Ive installed CB 1.4 on my Joomla 1.6 website strictly according to the CB1.4_Installation.pdf. (PHP version, MYSQL and .ini file all correct before starting) Modules are all installed and working correctly and I have tested new user registration and login etc... everything seem to work fine, accept that when I go into the backend, the link "Community builder" DOES NOT APPEAR in the dropdown list under "Components" (As described in Figure 4: CB Component Backend Menu Tree in the CB1.4_Installation.pdf) Oh yes, the Comprofiler Component does appear in the Extensions Manager List. I've tried to reinstall CB several times to get this link to appear under the components tab in the backend without any success. The end result is that the CB builder that I installed on the website cannot be configured and is totally useless to me at this stage.

Has anyone had such a problem before or am I missing something important here?
Please help if you can.
:)

Many thanks,
Danie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #189987 by IberoMedia
Replied by IberoMedia on topic CB 1.7.1 Re: Comp menu item CB missing in Admin.
Hello,

I am having the same problem, except that I have Joomla 1.7.4 and twice I've installed CB 1.7.1

Any pointers? How can I create a menu to the component?

Thanks

12 years 8 months ago #189988 by IberoMedia
After I digged here and there I realized that Joomla's database the component id is missing for COM_COMPROFILER menu related items.

Attachments:

12 years 8 months ago #189989 by IberoMedia
SO I simply added the next component number to each CB related menu item, through myphpadmin, and the menu appeared in back end

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190001 by nant
Thanks for posting your findings.

This is a Joomla failure that btw has been addressed many times before on Joomla forums also and on our forums.

Never hurts to repeat.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon