Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Information: Point mouse to icon

13 years 6 months ago #159544 by charliedog
Information: Point mouse to icon was created by charliedog
"Information: Point mouse to icon" - my blue information circles are not working, any ideas anyone? They work fine in the admin end but not in the front end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190431 by David Gosnell
Replied by David Gosnell on topic Re: Information: Point mouse to icon
I have exactly the same problem (registration page). However, the Required Field / Field Visible & Field Not Visible mouse-overs do work.

Did you find a solution?

David.

Edit:

Actually, just did a bit of testing and found that the Mouse-over isn't working in IE 9, but it does work in Firefox. Does anyone think there's anything I can do to fix this?

Edit:

Reassuringly, the Joomlapolis registration page has the same problem! :woohoo: Normal function is achieved if you switch to Compatibility View (in IE).
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by David Gosnell.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190697 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Information: Point mouse to icon

David Gosnell wrote: I have exactly the same problem (registration page). However, the Required Field / Field Visible & Field Not Visible mouse-overs do work.

Did you find a solution?

David.

Edit:

Actually, just did a bit of testing and found that the Mouse-over isn't working in IE 9, but it does work in Firefox. Does anyone think there's anything I can do to fix this?

Edit:

Reassuringly, the Joomlapolis registration page has the same problem! :woohoo: Normal function is achieved if you switch to Compatibility View (in IE).

I just tested with IE9 on my W7 32bit laptop and tooltips work just fine even when not in compatibility mode.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190699 by David Gosnell
Replied by David Gosnell on topic Re: Information: Point mouse to icon
Interesting.

I'm using IE 9 version 9.0.8112.16421 on W7 64bit. I've added a PDF version of the registration tooltips to my site as a workaround for anyone who gets the same issues as me (hopefully a small proportion).

Curious that it only affects the tooltips and not the other mouse-overs.

David.

Edit: 02:12:12

I just noticed (while testing registration function) that the tooltips are appearing in IE9 - they just appear when you mouse-over the data entry field, but not when you mouse-over the 'i' icon.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by David Gosnell.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon