Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question about registration possibilities

13 years 6 months ago #159667 by sallymander
Question about registration possibilities was created by sallymander
I'm not sure if CB has the capability to do this, so please help if you have the answer:

When a user registers for the site I am building, I need the registration information to exported (xml file?) to our membership coordinator who uses filemaker pro to manage the support group information.
Is it possible to send that information to her automatically when a user registers, preferably as a file she can import into filemaker?

I will GREATLY appreciate any help!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• justbrock
  • justbrock
13 years 5 months ago #163400 by justbrock
Replied by justbrock on topic Re: Question about registration possibilities
If your client is using FileMaker Server (9 or greater), you could use the PHP API to connect directly to the database. We just created a php script that finds records created in FileMaker & automatically create a CB/Joomla profile.
Today, I just realized there is a Community Builder API that would help to facilitate the integration even more, but we just created records directly in the MySQL tables. I'm sure what you are trying to do can be done with little effort.

12 years 8 months ago #190177 by xoomserve2
Replied by xoomserve2 on topic Re: Question about registration possibilities
Hello,

I need to connect Filemaker 11 Advanced with CB.
Would you please explain more about your script?

Regards,

• justbrock
  • justbrock
12 years 8 months ago #191706 by justbrock
Replied by justbrock on topic Re: Question about registration possibilities
This integration was done in three parts:
  1. Specific modifications to FileMaker database such as required fields (flags) that the API looks for to process new records. As well as a few scripts that will be called when changes are made in FileMaker to 'push' modifications to Joomla.
  2. A variety of PHP scripts called by a cron job to automate a profile creation. (This process will batch all pending records in one call)
  3. A Community Builder Plugin to send Joomla profile changes back to the FileMaker Database.

We would be happy to talk to you more about this integration and how it can be set-up for your environment.
We tried to make it as generic as possible when creating, but there would still be some customization needed to match individual requirements.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon