Skip to Content Skip to Menu

404 error after error

13 years 5 months ago #164824 by Dark-Spencer
404 error after error was created by Dark-Spencer
Hi everyone,

Just got CB today and have been trying to get it to work on my wamp test site before i use it on a live site.

the 1st problem i incurred was trying to instal com_comprofiler. every time i tried to upload the com_comprofiler file it would say that the installation file couldn't be found or something like that. this happened on both my 1.5 test site and my 1.6 site.

so next i do a manual installation by placing the unzipped files into /administrator/components/com_installer/component/comprofiler like it said in the pdf file.

this worked.

next, i try to use some of the functions such as creating new accounts, logging in, editing the profile, and stuff like that. this failed horribly.

everything i try sends me to this page
Code:
The requested URL /Joomla Test 2/Joomla Test 2/index.php was not found on this server.

the only way i can create new accounts is via the admin section. i have searched both this site and the joomla site for answers and none have worked.

i have tried installing and re-installing all the files including the modules. Ive searched through the sql database in phpmyadmin. Ive renamed htaccess.txt.

regardless of what i try, nothing will work. everything is up to date including the php and sql stuff.

the directory that i mentioned earlier does not exist and ive tried creating that and still nothing.

Please help. Spencer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #164825 by Dark-Spencer
Replied by Dark-Spencer on topic Re: 404 error after error
i have made a discovery that i should have done ages ago :(

if i take out one of the "Joomla Test 2/" from the url when i go to the 404 page, everything is fine.

so how do i stop the site from adding that seccond "Joomla Test 2/"??

13 years 3 months ago #168922 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: 404 error after error
I had a similar problem as this - "The requested URL /My Joomla/My Joomla/index.php was not found on this server" with my site url appearing twice.

Purging various caches and fiddling with htaccess / SEF / and lots of other suggested fixes didn't cure the problem.

I eventually shut down my laptop completely (cold re-boot) and the problem magically vanished! I suspect that simply restarting all the WAMP services would probably have cured the problem also.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon