Skip to Content Skip to Menu

restrict input to one or more values

• cbrace
  • cbrace
13 years 4 months ago #165210 by cbrace
restrict input to one or more values was created by cbrace
Hi all,

I am very new to CB and just getting up to speed with this powerful and somewhat daunting extensions, so your patience is appreciated.

I need to restrict input on a given text field to one or more of around a dozen values.

The ideal way to do that would be my means of a pop-up menu which one could check one or more values. I don't see that functionality in the base CB, so one option might be to use a combination of a regex and a tooltip.

Alternately, are there any CB plugins which might do this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbrace
  • cbrace
13 years 4 months ago #165211 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic background info
Following up my own message:

It might be useful if I try to explain what I am doing here; maybe others have ideas on how to best go about what I am trying to do.

I am the webmaster of a small professional organization (~ 400 members) of translators and editors.

I would like to set up the profile editor to enable individuals to enter their fields of expertise and restrict this to around a dozen top-level categories (Science, medicine, finance, business, etc). The purpose of this is to make it easier further down the road to set up a public userlist which would enable visitors to locate our members based on field of expertise.

Another approach to what I mentioned above would be simply making each of these fields of expertise a separate field and restricting input to Y or N. (radio buttons would be even better, but I don't seem that possibility here.

Any thoughts?

13 years 2 months ago #171636 by gschmalenberg
Replied by gschmalenberg on topic Re: background info
Did you find the answer to your questions? You can look at the registration on
partnersforprosperity.org and see if any of those fields do what you're looking for. If yes, I can help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon