Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A bit of a nub question about users and lists

• cchilton
  • cchilton
13 years 4 months ago #166282 by cchilton
Hi, I'm completely new to CB so please bear with me on this one - I've scouted around for documents - but I can't seem to find any that answer my question. So here goes:

I'm trying to get one user to appear on 2 lists, as they are both and Editor and an Author. So without having to make 2 accounts for one person, I'm hoping there is a way to add them to both lists.

The second question is can my members create a profile page with content on it? I'm trying to give them about 1000 words of space to write something about themselves in, but I can't seem to work out how to do it.

Any help on these would be much appreciated, sorry if it's blindingly obvious, I have been trying to figure it out for quite some time now.

All the best

Claire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tinetto
  • tinetto
13 years 4 months ago #166408 by tinetto

cchilton wrote: I'm trying to get one user to appear on 2 lists, as they are both and Editor and an Author. So without having to make 2 accounts for one person, I'm hoping there is a way to add them to both lists.

you have to create two userlists CB-->list management-->new list
and set for each list the user group you want in User Groups to Include in List:

cchilton wrote: The second question is can my members create a profile page with content on it? I'm trying to give them about 1000 words of space to write something about themselves in, but I can't seem to work out how to do it.

you can create new field of text Area type
CB-->Field management-->new Field-->type parameter

• cchilton
  • cchilton
13 years 4 months ago #166538 by cchilton
Thanks Tinetto, that all works great :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon