Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with upgrade from CB 1.1 to 1.4

• bobt20
  • bobt20
13 years 4 months ago #166426 by bobt20
I followed the instructions in README-UPGRADE.txt but the program errors when creating a new account. I get the following error:
Site error: ....../components/com_parainvite/parainvite.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Joomla 1.5.7

It works fine for those accounts that already exist.

I did not do the original install so I do not have access to any add-on modules that may be required, if that's the problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bobt20
  • bobt20
13 years 4 months ago #166875 by bobt20
Replied by bobt20 on topic Re: Problem with upgrade from CB 1.1 to 1.4

bobt20 wrote: I followed the instructions in README-UPGRADE.txt but the program errors when creating a new account. I get the following error:
Site error: ....../components/com_parainvite/parainvite.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Joomla 1.5.7

It works fine for those accounts that already exist.

I did not do the original install so I do not have access to any add-on modules that may be required, if that's the problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this.

I posted this a few days ago, but no one seems to have an answer. Surely I'm not the only one have this problem.

Suggestions anyone?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #166911 by nant
This is not a CB issue.

please read the error message you posted as it clearly shows that you have installed something called com_parainvite that requires ioncube (guess its encrypted).

Suggest you contact your host to assist you here or the other component developers.

• bobt20
  • bobt20
13 years 4 months ago #166920 by bobt20
Replied by bobt20 on topic Re: Problem with upgrade from CB 1.1 to 1.4
I noticed that, but as I mentioned earlier, I did not do the original install and don't have access to the add-on modules. This was my apprehension for upgrading in the first place.

Thanks for the response. I'll check further.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon