Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB user group

• diditin23
  • diditin23
13 years 4 months ago #166946 by diditin23
Replied by diditin23 on topic Re: CB user group
Hi Nant,

thanks for your reply, What i need exactly, is an auction system which integrates with CB. The bidder should be able to bid whatever price he/she wish to, even less or more than initially set on the auction item. There are other options which follows such components, such as a view of his bids or a watch-list,etc...

Anyone can view the auction's item and its respective bidders and also, be able to click on the bidder's name to view his/her profile.

Do you have any tips/idea on how this could be achieved?

Thank you

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #166962 by gringo6969
Replied by gringo6969 on topic Re: CB user group
Hello David,

You can get Reverse Auctions and Standard auctions from www.thefactory.ro

We have full support for CB profiles and the extensions come with a set of CB plugins that will integrate into the CB profile page.

If you need more info i would gladly help

Best Regards,
Andrei
"The Factory" Developer

• diditin23
  • diditin23
13 years 4 months ago #166965 by diditin23
hi Gringo6969, i already installed and uninstalled the reverse auction from www.thefactory.ro .

The auction factory seems very heavy to load front and backend pages.

The reverse auction component, which i got seemed to break my registration form. and so i did have to uninstall it. Well, it would have been great if your version worked on my website.

Thanks, so there isn't any other components with integrate auction with CB?

David

13 years 4 months ago #166967 by gringo6969
Replied by gringo6969 on topic Re: CB user group
David,
Sorry to hear that. I am sure that if you post those problem in our forum or submit a ticket would have solved them.

Anyway thank you for letting me know, i will have a look into those problems to see if that applies to the latest versions

Regards
Andy

• diditin23
  • diditin23
13 years 4 months ago #166969 by diditin23
Well for now, i have already paid for another auction component and will use it as a start-up. However, please keep on developing the reverse auction factory so that it becomes much more friendly and explicit.

thank for your replies. and i shall let you know if i come any issues.

thanks

• aaaaaa2
  • aaaaaa2
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171283 by aaaaaa2
Replied by aaaaaa2 on topic Re: CB user group
In a normal auction, the seller starts the auction, the price starts from zero (or a low price), and bidders gradually increase the price... Until there is no one else to increase the price.

A reverse auction may mean two things:

1- A reverse auction may mean an auction organized by the buyer to get the lowest price. In this sense, a reverse auction can be conducted in different ways. For example, sellers may submit their bids in a closed envelop, and the lowest price may win.

2- There is also something called "dutch auction". Dutch auction is also called "reverse auction". In a dutch auctions, the seller organize the auction. And, the seller starts with a very high price. The seller gradually decrease the price, until a buyer accepts the price. If the buyer waits too long, another buyer may buy the product. If the buyer is too impatient, he may end up paying too much. This type of reverse auction is aimed to get the highest possible price in the least amount of time as possible.

A normal auction may take a long time, imagine everyone saying "I pay 100$", "I pay 101$", "I accept 102"$, "I accept to pay 103$" etc... Although the seller can determine rules, like "the increments must be a multiple of 10", it may still take long time to reach a price like "1000$". However, in a dutch type reverse auction, the seller counts down from a high price until he reaches zero... This is relatively faster. In the history it has been used to sell things like flowers, fishes etc...

Some good books that I can recomment about this subject are:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/363864104X

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1463756097

search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=1463756097

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PGNF2U

Reverse auctions, in the sense of Dutch Auctions, are also supported on eBay. You can also find information about reverse auctions in the eBay site.

There are a lot of details about reverse auctions, but I hope I have been able to give some introduction.......
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by aaaaaa2.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon