Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB "User Profile Edit" cancel button doesnt work!

• xeont
  • xeont
13 years 3 months ago #168551 by xeont
hi,

the problem was CB loads jquery-1.5.0.min.js and my template loads jquery-1.4.1.min.js so there was a conflict.

hope this will help to people having the same problem.

Regards,
Xeont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapunzl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #175797 by Crispy Beef
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have jquery loaded in my template however CB loads it's own version, is it possible to detect CB pages in the template and turn my version off? I guess check for com_comprofiler in the query string or something?

Cheers,

Crispy

13 years 1 month ago #176705 by larsagerstrand
Replied by larsagerstrand on topic Re: CB "User Profile Edit" cancel button doesnt work!
My button does not work either, is it a conflict between different versions of jquery that is causing this?

/ Lars

13 years 1 month ago #176714 by Crispy Beef
Th version of jQuery I load is 1.6.2, the version that CB loads is 1.5.2, so I can only assume that it's a conflict between the versions being loaded. The two ways I can think of fixing this is either load the same version that CB uses for all pages and forgo having the latest version of jQuery, or write some conditional code in the template that detects either a CB page or an existing version of jQuery being present and then not loadin the latest version.

13 years 1 month ago #177518 by larsagerstrand
Replied by larsagerstrand on topic Re: CB "User Profile Edit" cancel button doesnt work!
If I disable the jquery in my template manager for the template I am using the template is not working as it should any more. So I cannot disable the jquery in the template. What can I do besides from that to fix the problem, it is not good that the users cannot attach files inside the kunena forum either.

/ Lars

13 years 1 week ago #179509 by larsagerstrand
My template manager has an off-option for the jQuery, but then the template wont work as it should (menu is not working).

But if I turn the template jQuery off the Cancel button starts to work for edit profile page, so the problem is the jQuery somehow.

So can I keep the jQuery on for the template but still be able to use the cancel button somehow?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon