Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Workflows published, but link not working

• crossmr
  • crossmr
13 years 4 months ago #166927 by crossmr
Just got my site set up, and had my first user register, he uploaded a profile image that needed approval (can I change that somewhere so it doesn't need it?)

anyway, I have CB Workflow published, so I clicked on the 1 image link
which tried to take me to mydomain.com/comprofiler/moderateimages
but.. it didn't take me anyway.
it didn't 404, it just removed my main body and left my left side column stretched across

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #166939 by nant
test without SEF enabled and make sure you have the mandatory public menu created.

• crossmr
  • crossmr
13 years 4 months ago #166947 by crossmr
Just so I'm clear here, the mandatory public menu is the "User Profile" one. the one labelled mandatory?

I've turned off SEF but it still does the same thing, I just get a stretched left column.

• crossmr
  • crossmr
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #166949 by crossmr
This appears to be a template issue.
I just tested this by going to the Beez template and I was able to see the correct items. What area of the template does the CB workflow try to load the various modules in? How can I change it?
I'm using the yougrids template from youjoomla.
With the following module positions:
joomla-16-templates.youjoomla.info/yougrids/index.php/features/module-positions

[edit]
I've used firebug to track down the problem. For some reason CB workflow generates the new page with the following info
Code:
<div id="leftblock" style="width: 100%;"> </div> <div id="midblock" style="width: 0%;">
On all other pages it is fine, but for some reason this is generated totally wrong.
For example on my forum page it's properly set to:
Code:
<div id="leftblock" style="width: 15%;"> </div> <div id="midblock" style="width: 85%;">

[2nd edit]
I've further tracked this down to a conflict with FBChat, a facebook style chat for joomla. When it's disabled, the page displays properly, when it's enabled, it displays improperly. It doesn't cause any formatting issues on any other pages though, which is strange.

I ran it through the W3 validator which gave this:
Code:
Line 94, Column 156: document type does not allow element "link" here …omponents/com_fbchat/css/fbchat.css" /><script type="text/javascript" src="htt… The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed). One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by crossmr. Reason: further info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon