Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB for Business Social Network (document sharing)

• akeyworth
  • akeyworth
13 years 4 months ago #167171 by akeyworth
Hi,

I'm tasked with researching solutions to build a Business Social Network- one that will be suitable for a cross-country organization of health professionals.

The existing brochure Web site is Joomla-based, so naturally I'm looking for a community building extension.

The Business Social Network must allow the following:

• allow users to maintain and update their own profiles;
  • create their own private working groups (forums) to discuss particular issues;
  • upload documents which will only be available to the specific private discussion groups;
  • access the documents from a folder/repository which is only available to the group, and which doesn't involve searching through reams of forum posts.

Would Community Builder, probably with GroupJive and other extensions, be able to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167185 by nant

akeyworth wrote: Hi,

I'm tasked with researching solutions to build a Business Social Network- one that will be suitable for a cross-country organization of health professionals.

The existing brochure Web site is Joomla-based, so naturally I'm looking for a community building extension.

The Business Social Network must allow the following:

• allow users to maintain and update their own profiles;
  • create their own private working groups (forums) to discuss particular issues;
  • upload documents which will only be available to the specific private discussion groups;
  • access the documents from a folder/repository which is only available to the group, and which doesn't involve searching through reams of forum posts.

Would Community Builder, probably with GroupJive and other extensions, be able to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andy

Yes, I think CB + GJ accomplish most of the above.
Not sure Kunena has private forums yet though ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon