Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Remove "mesage" tab from menu bar

• pklais
  • pklais
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168416 by pklais
Remove "mesage" tab from menu bar was created by pklais
Hey together,

I am a bit at a loss, and most probably, the solution is very simpe. I try to remove the "message" and the "moderation" tab in the user profile menu bar (see attached screenshot, in German it is: "Nachrichten" and "Moderation").

Can you give me a short hint?
I am sorry for disturbing with such an basic question, but you could really help me.

Thank you a lot
Philipp

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by pklais.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KatoKalin
  • KatoKalin
  • Add-ons
13 years 3 months ago #168481 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: Remove "mesage" tab from menu bar
I think you have to set "E-Mail Handling" from the Community Builder configuration general tab to "Do not display email".
And from the moderation tab you have to set the user level for moderators so normal users would not see it.

• pklais
  • pklais
13 years 3 months ago #168502 by pklais
Replied by pklais on topic Re: Remove "mesage" tab from menu bar
Thank you for your answer!

I found this function, but I want to show the e-mail address in the profile. When I set "Do not display email", also the e-mail field in the profile is hidden.

Thank you for the moderator hint.

• KatoKalin
  • KatoKalin
  • Add-ons
13 years 3 months ago #168538 by KatoKalin
Unfortunately the messaging function is tied to the display email functions.
So if you want to display the email you can try to use a delimiter field with substituation, make it display the users email and then turn off display email from the configurations menu. No guarantee though that it will work.

Here is how substitution works: www.allmysocials.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&id=233:substitution-usage

In case your email fields name is "email" you simply put [cb:userfield field="email" /] or [cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" /] into the description of the delimiter field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• pklais
  • pklais
13 years 3 months ago #168567 by pklais
Replied by pklais on topic Re: Remove "mesage" tab from menu bar
Thank you so much for your help. This works more or less fine (Show no e-mail and a delimiter field with the userdata fild. The userfield fild E-mails is also not diplayed), with one problem: I now have this delimiter field in the edit profile tab.

Is there a possibility to hide a field only from the edit tabs? We need this for this e-mail delimiter field as weel as for some technical fields for our team, which should be publicly viewable, but should not appear in the edit section.

Sorry for all these questions, but we really spend hours investigating this and couldn´t find a good solution.

Thank you and Best
Philipp

• KatoKalin
  • KatoKalin
  • Add-ons
13 years 3 months ago #168633 by KatoKalin
Mmh yeah I wish there was a setting to simply hide delimiter fields on several occasions. As they are very useful but confusing to users if they suddenly see them on their profile when editing.
Unfortunately I don´t think there is a way to hide them on edit. If I recall correctly then it might work using the cb_privacy plugin. Another idea would be to make the field read only, so users only can see the field on edit but not really change it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon