Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla 1.6/Community Builder Login Problem

• jSIXk
  • jSIXk
13 years 3 months ago #168472 by jSIXk
Well, this obviously works. I see it working above. :)

Anywhere I try to access the CB Login module outside of Kunena (which is why I installed CB in the first place) I get redirected to the login module on a page all by itself. Entering username and password here yields the same thing. When I go into my Kunena forums and log in through the fields presented there it works fine.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
13 years 3 months ago #168474 by Rapunzl
This has been covered many times here in the forum. Make sure you've followed the CB installation documentation step-by-step, making sure you have a public menu link to CB profiles and have disabled the Joomla login as noted, while enabling the CB Login. If, after following the installation instructions to make sure you didn't miss a step, you still have the problem, there are several extensions in Joomla Extensions that will disable the Joomla login module.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• jSIXk
  • jSIXk
13 years 3 months ago #168511 by jSIXk
Thanks for the above. I RTFM'd again and found where I did miss a step. Now, I've carefully followed the instructions thus:

1. Installed component, modules, etc... (as mentioned, login works in Kunena)
2. Created a Public menu link in a menu that's inaccessible initially. (and, when that didn't work, i created a link to the CB profile doodad right on the front street top menu just for funsies and it successfully broke my layout, but didn't seem to change my situation)
3. Disabled the Joomla Login module in the module manager and enabled the CB Login module, publicly accessible and published to the same location.
4. I'm using the HOT Login plugin (i know, i know, stick with me here) so I went to the configuration for that and set the module override to mod_cblogin.
5. Still not working!? I check the markup and see that HOT Login is displaying the <blah>/comprofiler/login.html-related form. I go ahead and disable HOT Login, breaking my layout again, and it still doesn't work.

The only module I could find to circumvent the traditional login stuff is for J1.5 only and did terrifying things to my entire site when I tried to shoehorn it into place (dear reader, don't get desperate and think you'll hack the Disable Core plugins onto your J1.6 install. i had to issue an SQL statement by hand to disable the little bugger as my admin interface was burnt, too). Here I sit, dead in the water.

I searched the forum here and found no solution. Perhaps this has been addressed in previous posts, but I'm at a loss. I've cleared my schedule for the morning and I'm going to start really digging into this today. I'll post what I find.

• jSIXk
  • jSIXk
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168577 by jSIXk
Here's where I've gotten...

This next bit isn't CB-related, per se, but I see a number of people struggling with the login redirect issue on 1.6, so perhaps my travails would be educational. The Core Login Redirect plugin is NOT J1.6-compatible out of the box (nor does it claim to be). I changed the code up a bit and got it to not break.

I added the following at line 12:

// begin joomla 1.6 workaround
jimport( 'joomla.html.parameter' );
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
// end.

This fixed the various problems which occur when that module is enabled in Joomla 1.6. The first line imports the code necessary to handle the JParamater call originally at line 23. The second gets the mainframe object from JFactory, fixes the previously broken registerEvent at original line 12 and allows it to be recognized in the global context at original line 16.

Maybe that'll help someone. The plugin works as expected, but it didn't fix my problem.

As previously stated, Kunena handles CB profile logins just fine. My problem seems to be with CB Login. To prove this I downloaded the Kunena login module and used it to replace the CB Login module. Of course, since I'm using HOT Login, I had to set the module override in the HOT Login plugin settings to mod_kunenalogin. It works.

I'm going to take the time now to wrestle Kunena Login into line with my default login styling and add a register link to the login context, but my login problem is all but completely solved for the moment.

New problem:

Avatar images are broken. I can select a file for upload and upload the thing, but it's not handled subsequently. I guess I'll start researching this one.

On a related side note:

I very much dislike being at this point... To disentangle myself from CB and pursue another option would mean that I've just burnt two days, which I can ill afford in my position, but it's becoming one thing after another. I've painted myself into a corner with Joomla 1.6 in general and an apparent lack of developer support (that's what I get for tying my wagon to a transitional release). Once I get to a resting place I'll be investigating Drupal for my next project.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by jSIXk.

• tsorial
  • tsorial
13 years 3 months ago #169918 by tsorial
I followed the same steps as well for installion on Joomla 1.6. The login form is behaving strangely. Sometimes, I have to press the login button twice to login and when I press the logout button it doesn't log me out. Also, I have enabled worflow module, yet it is not appearing.

I am working on a site for a client with strict deadline. Your quick response is appreciated.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon