Skip to Content Skip to Menu

I have a problem in Joomla 1.6 url rewrite and CB

• fuquey
  • fuquey
13 years 3 months ago #168694 by fuquey
I'm using Joomla 1.6 and CB 1.4, with url rewrite disable, CB is working fine. Once I turn on the url rewrite, CB login, CB register, CB lostpassword and CB logout will loading the page in 404 page not found. Url rewrite seen like is working because the other article page can be loading properly. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xmxangel
  • xmxangel
13 years 3 months ago #168777 by xmxangel
Hi! I recently encountered this issue with url rewrite after enabling the Search Engine Friendly URLs and Use URL rewriting options in the Global Configuration of Joomla 1.6 and here's how I managed to work it out:

I edited this portion of my /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file changing AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All:
Code:
<Directory /var/www/> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride All Order allow,deny allow from all </Directory>

I also loaded the rewrite module by adding this line to my /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file which was originally empty (if your file contains something already you can just add/append this at the bottom of the file as you may be using earlier version of Apache):
Code:
LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

I then restarted my Apache server using the terminal:
Code:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

After this step my site doesn't get the 404 error anymore. I hope this helps :)

*note: I'm using Joomla 1.6 (with Search engine friendly URLs, Use URL rewriting and Adds Suffix to URL options all enabled) and Apache 2.2.17 on an Ubuntu 11.04 operating system.

• fuquey
  • fuquey
13 years 3 months ago #168778 by fuquey
I'm using the IIS7 web server. Is it modify somewhere in IIS or web.config file?

• beat
  • beat
13 years 3 months ago #168807 by beat
IIS7 does not support mod_rewrite which is an apache extension.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• fuquey
  • fuquey
13 years 3 months ago #169022 by fuquey
Do you mean IIS7 does not support CB if mod_rewrite is enable?
I have the url rewrite module installed and running with IIS7, with Joomla 1.6 default web.config file, article pages is loading properly with url rewrite, just the CB not working.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 3 months ago #169028 by beat

fuquey wrote: Do you mean IIS7 does not support CB if mod_rewrite is enable?
I have the url rewrite module installed and running with IIS7, with Joomla 1.6 default web.config file, article pages is loading properly with url rewrite, just the CB not working.

mod_rewrite is an apache module. That's all i said. I didn't say that II7 doesn't support rewriting. You need another rewriting module for IIS7.

Make sure to meet Joomla 1.6 requirements, and CB will work too, there is nothing different in URL sefing in CB than what Joomla does:

docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_technical_requirements

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon