Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder Groups /Add /Restrict /pay

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168708 by breakdesigns
Community Builder Groups /Add /Restrict /pay was created by breakdesigns
Hi, i think i have posted this in the wrong place but wasn't sure where it would go?

basically i have a website where i want to be able to have differnt user groups

for example:

radio dj group

this group gives access to a selection of menus relating to connecting to broad cast live and to create events within the websites event management system

Event creator group
this group can create events within the event management system only
(once up and running would like people to select this group from when registering and be directed to pay for this account for now im happy to just set up the indavidul groups..)

Group 3
future planning

etc i hope you get the point

so far i have created one user group within joomla that links with CB and allows me to change the menu items within my user menu to * Special * out of the selection Public, special and registered.
forgotten how i did this was a long time ago!

if i put the menu item on special only users in the group i have created and put in that group manually from admin pannel can see the menu items registered as special.

I need to make more groups that work with user and assign differnt menus to those groups. how do i go about doing this?

is the the correct way to split up my user groups to enable them to see differnt menu options within there login menu?

any help of direction on how i can go about achieving this would be greatly appreciated!

Joomla 1.5
CB 1.4
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by breakdesigns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon