Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration confirmation emails not going through

13 years 3 months ago #168775 by joopyjoops
Hi there,

I've got a problem, in that about half of the people who register to my site do not receive the confirmation email (even though i have it set to 'require email confirmation = yes').

Why is this happening? I know i can manually go in and confirm them when i check the user list, but it is very confusing for the user.

mainlymanly.com.au/join-now

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #168789 by nant
If it is happening for some but not for others then best look for solution outside CB as CB process does not selectively stop working.

Could be your email server or the recipient domains placing in Spam boxes?

13 years 3 months ago #169025 by tenkaiisdabest@hotmail.co
Replied by tenkaiisdabest@hotmail.co on topic Re: Registration confirmation emails not going through
I am having the same problem. It was working well the day before and now it is not. IT just stopped sending emails. The status message after registration says " Your settings have been saved as though the user was already using the system". Is there something that can be done?

I had my host turn on SPF and it was working well and SPF was switched off at the start. I am running crazy thinking of solutions. I have uninstalled completely and re-installed and still no changed. I have another system running CB on the same server but no such issues.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #169029 by nant

13 years 3 months ago #169041 by tenkaiisdabest@hotmail.co
Replied by tenkaiisdabest@hotmail.co on topic Re: Registration confirmation emails not going through
Yes Joomla email works fine. CB email for connections also seems to work fine. Just the registration thats non functional.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #169061 by nant

tenkaiisdabest@hotmail.co wrote: Yes Joomla email works fine. CB email for connections also seems to work fine. Just the registration thats non functional.

Well if some registration emails work from CB but others fail from CB then only thing I can suggest is asking your hosting helpdesk to check the issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon