Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User registration based on invitation code

• informix
  • informix
13 years 3 months ago #168820 by informix
Hi,
I don't know how to explain my needs but I try :)
First of all. I need to add on a mysql table a list of invite codes.
Second. I need a field on the registration form where user can insert their invite code.
The folowing step I need to check where the invite code match with one of the database and then complete the registration.
I hope that someone help with an advice even it's possible or not what I want.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• informix
  • informix
13 years 3 months ago #170391 by informix
Replied by informix on topic Re: User registration based on invitation code
Nobody has an answer?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 months ago #170404 by krileon
Professional subscriber incubator project CB Invites can provide this with a few exceptions. It does not use an input field to validate the invite code. What it does is map an email address to the invite code. So if User A invites XYZ then XYZ registers with the email address specified in the invite then it'll accept the invite. You could create a field where the user would supply the invite code and validate it using incubator project CB Redirect before registration completes to send them away, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• penske1
  • penske1
13 years 3 months ago #170452 by penske1
It would be REALLY nice to be able to generate one-use invitations that automatically expire after use.

Integration with CSSubs would be great so we could protect subscription plans in a more secure way than just hiding it, which seems pretty easy to find once you figure out the url format and know the plan number.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon