Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Urgent -> registration confirm not working!

13 years 3 months ago #169558 by astaurshadow
Urgent -> registration confirm not working! was created by astaurshadow
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this rather unfortunate error.

The problem is as following.

Everything in community builder works as it should. Except the registration...

Whenever users registrate, everything runs fine until they click on the confirmation link in the pending e-mail. When they do this, they are re-directed to a 404: not found page.

Now, I do think I figured out the cause for this annoying bug that doesn't allow users to confirm their registration!

I've uploaded my website twice the past few days. Both times with community builder. However, the first time I had 'not' activated acesef! Everything worked fine then (community builder wise). The second time I did exactly the same thing, but with acesef activated and running. And now apparantly it doesn't work. Or at least the confirmation mail isn't doing what its supposed too!

The question being is. My users can't register because the confirmation link doesn't work. How can I solve this little quirck? Also I'd not prefer disabling acesef.

My website is running on www.storiesoflegend.com on joomla 1.6 and the latest version of cb. Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #169585 by astaurshadow
Replied by astaurshadow on topic Re: Urgent -> registration confirm not working!
Nevermind, I solved it.

I just disabled acesef settings for community builder in the acesef extension tab.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #169606 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon