Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Profile Options

• tmoran
  • tmoran
13 years 2 months ago #171728 by tmoran
User Profile Options was created by tmoran
Hi,

Is it possible to allow registered users to select what info is displayed in their profile (without having to leave the field blank).

The user database has information that is required, however a user may or may not wish to display it in their profile. Ideally I'd like an "add to profile" checkbox for each editable field in the frontend edit profile.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171740 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile Options
Privacy plugin offered to Advanced and Professional members should help you here.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
13 years 2 months ago #172086 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: User Profile Options
Thanks Nick,

I've upgraded to Advanced and downloaded the Privacy plugin, however I can't install it!!!

I've tried ftp, uploading thru the CB plugin manager and entering the download URL. each time I get an error message...

Upload Package File:
Unrecoverable error "PCLZIP_ERR_MISSING_FILE (-4)"

Install From Directory:
Installation file not found:
tmp

Install Package from Web:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(169): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(144): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/thc/publi...') #2 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(66): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(2788): cbInstaller->upload('/home/thc/publi...') #4 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(333): installPluginUpload() #5 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(104): require_once('/home/ in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Any ideas?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #172099 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile Options
Typical issue with MAC (I assume you are using one).
For some reason the MacOS automatically adds a folder in the zip file you downloaded - you need to remove this and repackage and try installing again.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
13 years 2 months ago #172140 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: User Profile Options
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the problem...
I'm on Mac using Joomla 1.6

When I install directly from the CB download link I get this...
Failed to download package file from www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_download/205-cb-privacy-plugin-v-13 to webserver due to following status: 0:

When I upload the package to my tmp folder and install I get this..
Install new plugin from directory tmp/plug_cbprivacy.zip - Failed
Installation file not found:
tmp

When I download the plugin there are 3 files in the zipped folder...
cb.privacy.php
cb.privacy.xml
index.html

When trying to upload the compressed package I get this...
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(169): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(144): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/thc/publi...') #2 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(66): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(2788): cbInstaller->upload('/home/thc/publi...') #4 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(333): installPluginUpload() #5 /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(104): require_once('/home/ in /home/thc/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Compressed plugin package attached
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon