Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems

13 years 2 months ago #171995 by MilSpouseJoomla
CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems was created by MilSpouseJoomla
Joomla: 1.5.23 in Legacy Mode
CB 1.4 (Before I tried to install CB 1.7)
phpMyadmin: 5.0
CB Plugin: CB SOBI2

I tried to install CB 1.7 today with the normal upgrade instructions. I got an error message in Joomla backend "Warning! Failed to move file." Then right away my Akeeba Backup starts and restores CB back to CB 1.2.2.

I then thought okay I will just upgrade from CB 1.2.2 and I got the same error message in the Joomla backend: "Warning! Failed to move file." The website at this point doesn't display because I have the CB Login Module enabled. Once I disable the CB Login Module the website displays. On the front end of the website I get the following error message when the CB Login Module in enabled: "Fatal error: Call to undefined method CBframework::viewUrl() in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/html/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php"

I then do a restore on the GoDaddy server with the backup I did before I tried to install CB 1.7 but that ends up restoring the website with CB 1.2.2.

At this point I am now lost. I can't upgrade Joomla to 1.6 because we are using Joomla 1.5.23 in Legacy mode for our old template. I am also afraid that what I tried to do to fix or restore the website made the situation worse :(

If anyone can offer any help or insight I would greatly appreciate it!
TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171997 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems
You permissions are causing this. Please check Joomla permissions in backend.

13 years 2 months ago #172046 by MilSpouseJoomla
Replied by MilSpouseJoomla on topic Re: CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems
Hello Nick, Thank You for the response!

I did check the Directory Permissions and the Log Directory was unwritable. I spent time on the phone with GoDaddy and they helped me fix that.

I went to perform the upgrade now that all Directory Permissions are Writable and I received the same error "Warning! Failed to Move File."

Is there anyway to check which file couldn't be moved?

• beat
  • beat
13 years 2 months ago #172052 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems
Your permissions and directory ownerships do not allow the web-server to install the extensions. Probably directory-creation permissions are set wrong on the system. Or tmp directory misconfiguration in the server PHP settings.

Those are Joomla installer error messages, not always as helpful as we would wish them.

But that's a host misconfiguration issue. Ask for hosting using suexec php, as those don't have those issues, and in addition are much safer for shared hosts (e.g. if a hacker hacks your neighbourg's site, he can't hack your site, to the contrary to what you probably are experimenting now).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago #172078 by MilSpouseJoomla
Replied by MilSpouseJoomla on topic Re: CB 1.7 Install Led to Problems - SOLVED
Thank You Beat and Nick!

After the help from GoDaddy on learning how to fix that Unwritable directory, your advice (Nick and Beat) and finding this article: docs.joomla.org/How_to_solve_Installation_errors_Extension_Manager The problem ended up being that the folder path to both the Temp Directory and Log Directory were not correct and/or were changed. Once I put in the correct folder directory paths, the install worked.

Hopefully that will help someone else.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon