Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error Building Admin Menus

• Lantau
  • Lantau
13 years 2 months ago #172183 by Lantau
Error Building Admin Menus was created by Lantau
When I install comprofiler I get the following error: Error Building Admin Menus. Within a few seconds I get further messages saying the installation was successful. However, in the Administration area, there is no Community Builder item in the Components Menu. The rest of the CB functioning seems to be OK.

Some background. I've had a lot of trouble upgrading my Joomla from 1.6.3 to 1.7, (currently it's at 1.6.6 although I've got the same problem on a fresh 1.7 install using the same mysql database). Once I got Joomla to 1.6.6 I then tried to update CB from 1.4 to 1.7. I again had troubles, mainly with XML setup files. In the process of trying various techniques I uninstalled CB using Extension Manager:Manage. I eventually got it to install using Joomla's Extensions Manager>Install>Install from directory, but only after manually expanding the ZIP file.

Any ideas on how to get the Administration:Components menu item installed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lantau
  • Lantau
13 years 2 months ago #172374 by Lantau
Replied by Lantau on topic Re: Error Building Admin Menus
I found other people were reporting similar problems in the Joomla forums. I eventually found a workaround which I posted in the Joomla forums at the following link.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2581003#p2581003
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ata271
  • ata271
Moderators: beatnantkrileon