Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Customizing CSS & Styling of CB Login Module

• jroseland
  • jroseland
13 years 2 months ago #172826 by jroseland
Hey I suck as CSS and I’m wonder how to change the styling of the CSS module… On my site www.EmployeesSavingsProgram.com I’ve got a CB login module on the front page (screenshot attached). There’s a few things I want to do to this module
a) Increase the font size of ‘Username’ & ‘Password’
b) Increase the corresponding size of the username & password fields
c) Change the field color to white
d) Change the login button to a larger PNG button
What style sheet do I edit to make these changes? When I view the elements with fire bug it says these elements are controlled by user agent style sheet… I have no idea what that means…

This makes me wonder the CB Login module is pretty generic and ugly (even though it works great almost all the time!), is there custom styled CB Login module extensions I can use instead??

Thanks! www.EmployeesSavingsProgram.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leonkush
  • leonkush
13 years 2 months ago #173239 by leonkush
I am interested in this , in particular changing the login button to one of my own.

any help?

• jroseland
  • jroseland
13 years 1 month ago #175133 by jroseland
Replied by jroseland on topic Re: Customizing CSS & Styling of CB Login Module
Looks like I need to get a CB membership to get my questions answered around here!

• leonkush
  • leonkush
13 years 1 month ago #175185 by leonkush
I agree "useless" comes to mind. If these questions aren't going to be answered then "why" have a non membership section at all?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #175189 by nant
@ALL

This is a community driven forum area - created and maintained by Joomlapolis.
It is meant for people helping each other - it is not a free support forum area.

CB Team members monitor this area and when time permits will assist.
In most cases sufficient replies have already been posted in other threads that can be searched.

Also, our CB Team forum signatures contain useful links that may assist.

Regarding our time - Yes we spend most of it supporting paid subscribers who help us keep this site and CB free to everyone.

Unfortunately - as is most likely the case here, no community member has stepped forward to reply, help or even suggest obvious things.

My suggestions - learn firebug (firefox plugin) and learn how to inspect a webpage and see which css elements are controlling things. Then learn some CSS to start editing and experimenting with how changing these elements will change the appearance.

Regarding the "useless" comment made be leonkush - maybe you are right - if community support doesn't work then perhaps community forum area is not needed.

@jroseland - there are many firebug tutorials on the web - even video tutorials that explain its use. I have even seen a Joomla oriented firebug tutorial which I recall was very cool.

• joomzoom1
  • joomzoom1
13 years 1 month ago #176425 by joomzoom1
Replied by joomzoom1 on topic Re: Customizing CSS & Styling of CB Login Module
Fellows, Nick is very right (and helpful at the same time).

This is a 'forum'. We are lucky to have it hosted and managed so professionally, for free yet. Don't knock it. The folks who run this (Nick and others) can't spend every waking hour answering free-users' questions. They have to eat and just maybe in some cases even feed a family from their work.

I happen to have a similar need to customize certain pages (e.g. registration page, lost password page). Though I'm fairly sharp at CSS, my question is more around how to target the pages I want to customize without making changes to core CB files (such as changing the CB files CSS) which are likely to get written over during an upgrade.

Nick and Co. keep up the amazing work. Please. And these forums are very helpful. Many of us understand that not all of our questions are answered rapidly and sometimes not at all.

Cheers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon