Skip to Content Skip to Menu

PHP code to get username of the logged-in user?

13 years 2 months ago #172845 by nobodyjames
Is there a simple way to query the Community Builder app/system from PHP, to ask it for the username of the current logged-in user? I'm picturing something like this:

<?PHP
require("path/to/cb/cb_user_status.php");
$username = cb_get_username();
?>

Thanks for any help on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172874 by krileon
Yes, please review the below tutorials. If not being used in a CB plugin you'll need to first include CBs API. Once done you need to establish a $user object and from there you can call $user->username.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/231-include-api-externally

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/232-establishing-user-object

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #172913 by nobodyjames
Replied by nobodyjames on topic Re: PHP code to get username of the logged-in user?
Thanks for your reply. I tried the code on the first link you mentioned, but it didn't work. It gives this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in [php page] on line 13

Here is line 13:

if ( ! file_exists( $mainframe->getCfg( 'absolute_path' ) . '/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php' ) ) {

My test page contains exactly the code shown on your first link, and nothing more (well, except for the opening and closing PHP tags).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon