Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Go to Registered Site Directly After Registration

• marilynwo
  • marilynwo
13 years 2 months ago #173216 by marilynwo
First of all, thank you CB for coming up with something compatible to Joomla 1.6.3. Your hard work serves the community well.

However I have been facing this problem with getting the visitor to log in immediately after registration. Is this a Joomla configuration or can I do something within CB?

I would like the visitor to be automatically logged in to a "registered" site once he enters or submits his registration details. In other words, after getting his details down and clicking the "submit" button, he will be brought to another page that is a joomla "registered" page (i.e. this page has no access to the public).

The options to "require admin approval" and "require email confirmation" on both CB and Joomla have been set to "no" and "New User Account Activation" has been set to "none".

What I am doing now as a temporary measure is to leave a log in form module with the registration form so that once a visitor registers, he can enter his same details into the log in form and hopefully get connected to the registered site. However, this is also not possible. Rather, it brings him to the error 404 page. Yet when he clicks the "go back" button, the system says he is already logged in. At the same time, the user management page on the back end shows that this new user has just registered.

In short, I think the auto log in works within the system, but there is a need to trigger the front end to get the message that this user has been registered and hence takes him immediately to the specific page. Hope to cut down extra steps to get him to the right page.

Thank you very much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marilynwo
  • marilynwo
13 years 2 months ago #173600 by marilynwo
Is this problem actually not a problem at all?
Or is this problem a Joomla thing rather than having anything to do with CB?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon