Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Add on (advanced membership) Advice Please

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 2 months ago #173553 by raniko
I recently installed CB 1.7 on my Joomla 1.7 site. I am going to need additional functionality (described below) and wanted to know what ad-ons I will need to get there. I've tried to research this but from the limited info I could find I'm not convinced that any of them will accomplish what I need. I'd like to hear some feedback before I pay for the advanced membership.

I am looking to have 5 unique registration forms for 5 unique User Groups. The groups will need to have limited ability to view other groups profiles, so I will need to be able to control permissions pretty tightly (some groups will be able to see all groups/profiles, others will be able to one ore two groups/profiles etc). Also, I would like to be able to run a search that will be able to match keywords from one profile to another and send an email when a there is a match.

Can I accomplish this with ad-ons from CB? Any suggestions on the best way to proceed would be a huge help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #173557 by nant

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 2 months ago #173561 by raniko
Thanks Nick. Appreciate the feedback! It looks like this option is pricey and based mostly on paid subscriptions, which I'm not really ready for yet. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm looking for through the regular CB add-ons?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #173570 by nant

raniko wrote: Thanks Nick. Appreciate the feedback! It looks like this option is pricey and based mostly on paid subscriptions, which I'm not really ready for yet. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm looking for through the regular CB add-ons?

Sorry, the permissions part of the use case can only be supported by CBSubs.
BTW - the subscriptions in CBSubs do not need to be paid subscriptions - they can be free subscriptions.

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 2 months ago #173571 by raniko
Ah. Okay. Thanks again. If I tried to a work around for the permission aspect, are there cb ad-ons that would accomplish the 5 users/5 registration forms, as well as the keyword search email functionality? That would be a good starting place. Thanks again for responding. This is very helpful.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon